Learn about the birthstones of you and your loved ones, plus unique tips for incorporating them into personalized jewelry
At Topaz & Pearl, we specialize in handcrafting jewelry to celebrate your story.
Birthstones, especially raw birthstone crystals, are the perfect way to do that. Birthstones represent your one big, beautiful life and the people you share it with.
Gifting a piece of personalized birthstone jewelry is a sentimental reminder of how special each individual truly is. Whether you're wearing your own birthstone, the birthstone of your children, husband, a loved one who has passed, or anyone close to you, it is a way to keep your most important people close to your heart.
Birthstones by Month:
Birthstone jewelry is a keepsake and tangible reminder of what's most important in life. It's a great gift for many occasions like:
- Mother's Day
- Valentine's Day
- Wedding or Engagement
- Christmas, Hannukah, and Kwanza
- Celebrating Long Distance Relationships
- Sympathy, Loss, or Miscarriage
- Push Present or Baby Shower
- Friend groups, roommates, and bridal parties
Using gemstones to represent each month isn't exclusive to birthdays and can be used in other ways. Here are some creative ways that our customers have used birthstones in their jewelry:
- Anniversary/wedding month
- Dates of important milestones
- Metaphysical beliefs and healing
- Eye colors or personality traits associated with gemstone colors
Insider tip: You do not have to feel limited to wearing only your birthstone, feel free to wear the stones that speak to you. There's no bad juju, so don't listen to old wive's tales!
Here are a few things to keep in mind when customizing your raw birthstone jewelry:
1) Some months have multiple birthstones. The options may vary for different types of jewelry, so make sure to check each product listing photo gallery for a birthstone chart.
2) We use raw birthstones in much of our handmade jewelry which are unconventional and unique so be sure to check out the photos for the natural variety.
3) Have questions or need help deciding on your design? Don't hesitate to send us a message!